If there was ever a contest for the most original excuse given for having to cancel a dental appointment, Dr. Martin is sure one of his patients would win. She frantically called the office just a few minutes before she was supposed to arrive. “I’m so sorry but I am not going to be able to make my appointment. I am rushing my duck to the vet! My horse stepped on her!”
There are times when emergencies occur and things like horse trodden ducks truly do need your attention. We here at Martin Taylor Dentistry understand that sometimes appointments need to be rescheduled. We also know that your time is important. We have found that the mutual respect between our dentists, staff and patients is one of the reasons we have generations of families still walking through our front door.
How to be a Great Dental Patient
- We appreciate when our patients arrive on time for their appointments. We work hard to stay on schedule so no one has to sit in our lobby for very long at all. If you are running late, give us a call so we can decide together if it would be better to reschedule or to have you come in as soon as you can get here safely.
- If an emergency does occur or if you are sick, call us as soon as you can to tell us you have to miss your appointment. We’ll be happy to reschedule you.
- Brush and floss your teeth just prior to your appointment. If you are coming right from lunch or from the office, we’ll happily provide you with a toothbrush, paste and floss so you can freshen up as soon as you arrive.
- We LOVE when our patients come prepared with their questions or concerns. Best practice is to write down anything you want to ask the dentist and bring it with you. Dr. Martin and Dr. Taylor both want you to feel comfortable, listened to and to have all your questions answered. If you don’t understand something, be sure to ask for clarification. We love what we do and we love talking about it!
- If you feel anxious or afraid, don’t hesitate to let us know. We understand that going to the dentist can be difficult for some folks and we have options for those who have dental anxiety to feel relaxed and comfortable.
Are you looking for a great dentist?Call for Appointment
You will love our Martin Taylor Dentistry office. You will also enjoy the special way we say thanks to every new patient.
Back to Blog Page