Having straight teeth sends others the message that you are healthy and full of vitality. At Martin Taylor Dentistry, patients in the Tucson, AZ area benefit from our dentists’ expertise and a variety of orthodontics options to enhance the smile or correct bite issues.
More than just straight teeth
While dental braces were previously perceived as something only for kids or teenagers, adult orthodontics has risen in popularity and now, up to 30 percent of American orthodontic patients are adults. While kids’ orthodontics are a great option to set the foundation for a healthy, straight smile, more and more adults have realized the benefits of undergoing orthodontic treatment, such as:
- Well-aligned teeth can truly make a smile look terrific
- When your teeth are in the proper position, you can avoid unnecessary wear and tear on your teeth
- Bite problems such as an underbite or overbite can cause uneven wear on your teeth, as well as issues with your jaw or temporomandibular joints (TMJs), leading to a whole host of negative symptoms
- Your teeth can simply function their best when they are in the proper position
Gone are the days of simply putting metal bracket-and-wire braces on patients’ teeth. While these are still available and a highly effective option, particularly for younger patients, there are several other choices available for straightening your teeth, such as:
- Invisalign treatment: These clear aligners are like removable braces. Made of clear, BPA-free plastic, they fit over your teeth and gradually shift them into the right position. They are incredibly discreet and fully removable, which means you can eat what you love and take better care of your teeth during treatment since you do not need to brush and floss around wires.
- Clear braces: Typically made of ceramic, clear braces function much like traditional metal braces, but match your natural tooth color so it is less obvious that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Lingual/hidden braces: These invisible braces are attached to the back of your teeth so that they are completely hidden while you straighten your smile.