Nothing makes quite the impression that a bright, white smile does. If you have stained teeth, then the dental team at Martin Taylor Dentistry in Tucson, AZ has teeth whitening solutions to help you safely and effectively whiten your smile.
How teeth whitening works
Brushing your teeth can help get rid of surface stains and discolorations, but many stains reside beneath the surface of the teeth in the tubules. These tiny channels in the enamel of your teeth soak in dark or highly pigmented substances such as coffee, tea, wine, red sauces, and tobacco, which leads to a yellowed appearance to your teeth. With professional tooth whitening, we create custom-fitted trays for your mouth and provide a medical-grade whitening solution that gently but effectively lifts the stains from the tubules for a bright smile that is several shades whiter.
All you need to know about Teeth Whitening at Martin Taylor Dentistry explained by Dr. William Taylor
Why get teeth whitened?
Over time as we eat or drink certain things stains our teeth. Such stains cannot just be simply brushed away. That’s why we have the option for teeth whitening in our practice, Martin Taylor Dentistry.
What is the process of whitening teeth?
In Martin Taylor Dentistry, we do custom trays. We take impressions of your teeth and make clear plastic trays that fit specifically for you.
The trays are given to take home with a whitening gel and clear instructions on how to use it. This allows you to whiten teeth whenever you want.
What is the duration of the whitening process?
It usually takes about three or four weeks to get to a point where you are happy. As time goes on, if your teeth stains again, you can bleach them whenever you want since you have the trays with you.
What are the other methods available?
You can use the store-bought whitening strips. However, they might not be as effective. Without custom trays, the bleaching material can get on your gum tissue, and chemically burn your gum tissue.
Another method is in-office bleaching with lasers which are great although it can be a little sensitive for the teeth.
Why choose professional teeth whitening?
With a wealth of tooth whitening products available at your local grocery store or pharmacy, it can be tempting to perform teeth whitening at home. However, professional teeth whitening services offer many advantages over these over-the-counter products. Simply put, professional whitening works better, faster, and is safer.
- Dentists offer medical-grade teeth bleaching agents, which provide better whitening results in a shorter amount of time
- The custom trays are more comfortable than over-the-counter options
- Custom-fitted trays not only help cover all the surfaces of your teeth evenly with the whitening solution, but they also keep the gel where it belongs – on your teeth, not on your gums, where it can cause irritation and sores
- Over-the-counter formulations do not always work, may not be made from safe materials, and can cause intense tooth sensitivity
- Dr. Taylor and Dr. Martin follow up with you during the whitening process to ensure that you are getting the results you want without negative side effects
Even better, if you notice that your teeth are becoming yellowed again in the future, you can use your customized trays for touch-up treatments to maintain your beautiful results.