When it comes to providing dental care, laser dentistry is one of the technologies that has truly revolutionized dentistry in the last few years. At Martin Taylor Dentistry in Tucson, AZ, we use lasers for a variety of purposes to improve the health and appearance of your smile.
Laser dentistry explained
Lasers are targeted beams of light that can be used in different ways to treat patients’ teeth and gums. Certain lasers are better for hard tissues like bones and teeth, whereas others are better for soft tissues such as your gums. In many cases, lasers can be used instead of scalpels for better, safer care. In fact, lasers have many benefits for patients and dentists alike!
- As a laser cuts, it cauterizes the wound, which minimizes and sometimes eliminates bleeding
- Lasers also disinfect as they go, meaning that you are much less likely to get a post-procedure infection
- No stitches are necessary after laser treatments
- Lasers are more comfortable during and after treatment, and in some cases, can eliminate the need for local anesthetics that leave your mouth numb
- Healing and recovery after laser treatments are quicker and easier than when traditional instruments such as knives are used, and the treated tissues more easily re-attach to healthy tissues
- Dentists love using lasers because they can be more precise in their cuts and lasers offer an incredible versality and safety
Laser dental procedures
At Martin Taylor Dentistry, many of our standard procedures are augmented using lasers. This includes:
- Laser dental cleanings
- Deep periodontal cleanings for gum disease
- Surgery on gums or other soft tissues in the mouth
- Uncovering dental implants
- Preparing teeth for crowns
- Laser whitening for brighter, whiter teeth
- Treating tooth hypersensitivity
- Removing unsightly and painful cold sores so they can heal rapidly
We are committed to providing state-of-the-art care that benefits our patients at Martin Taylor Dentistry, which means that we stay up to date with the newest technologies and are continually learning about the latest techniques and methods for safer, more effective dental care. If you are interested in learning more about laser treatment for teeth and its benefits, call our Tucson, AZ office today at (520) 600-6925!